THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Koushun Takama's Battle Royale

After my hype for the mob teacher Kumiko Yamaguchi and her successful J-Doramas; the gangster punk turned teacher Eikichi Onizuka; and the pretty boy embodiment of despair, Nozomu Itoshiki whose class may seem to be the worst there is........

Wrong.

There's another class that's much more than Nozomu's class 2-H in terms of hardcore stuff.

...and by hardcore, I mean none other than ~

BATTLE ROYALE.


What a class...

That's right. I've begun reading this manga series aimed at adults that like the genre of students beating the crap out of each other. At first, I thought its just some Japanese manga manifestation of Thomas Hobbes' Lycan Theory...but it's something much more than that!

Gorgeous art, blood spattered everywhere, a perfect portrayal of a dystopia, youth delinquence and extremeties in slice of life. If you're definitely looking for some school-based action with real bloodshed and detailed weaponry, this is for you!

My favorite characters?
Girl no. 11 Mitsuko-chan and Boy no. 6 Kazuo-kun.


Nice list of "students," I must say.


Tell you what, this isn't my first time in hearing about the Battle Royale series. It was actually referenced in Lee Chaolan's ending in Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection with that explosive collar thingy. Pretty cool, I must say. XD

Mitsuko's character, not your usual bitchxxors had left a rather lasting impression on me. Had I had the materials, I'll make a custom action figure of her in her clothes which she wore in the last page of the chapter "Traumatic Games." Hehehe.




Mitsuko-chan. You forgot your trusty "poking device." XDDDDD

0 comments: