THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busou Shinki Xiphos GET!

She's the nearest you'd have to a Lenneth Valkyrie Action Figure.

Busou Shinki MMS Type Knight: XIPHOS


I've been curious about those Busou Shinki figures since I saw Xiphos (Pronounced as Saifos) in Wasabi Toys about a year ago. I wanted her and her alone because I like blue-colored armor but she comes with Samurai Benio whom I have no interest with. Eventually, after a year, Xiphos was purchased from Wasabi and I went ZETSUBO-SHITTA!

Then came the temporarily-relocated Greattoys to the rescue. They have a stock of Xiphos which is reasonable priced like a Play Arts Action Figure. No more hesitation! My knight in shining armor should be mine!


"Bare Mode"




Seeing the joint system and the type of stand being utilized by these butt-kicking beauties; one could say that Busou Shinki are spiritual predecessors of the now wildly-famous Max Factory Figma. After reading the few English writings in the book-box packaging; I can see that it was none other than the Figma creator himself, Masaki Apsy, that was behind the whole Busou Shinki MMS concept. What a smart guy!



"Light Armor Mode"



You should've warned me. Busou Shinki is not for the impatient like "OMG, I got a new action figure! I must play with it NAOOO!" but more geared towards those Gundam Enthusiasts that have a good deal of temperance and passion for assembling things. It took me a whole hour just to assemble her in Light Armor Mode. Good thing, no part was lost in the process.





I got a bit lazy to interchange her into Heavy Armor Mode so I decided to just place her Heavy Armor in the provided armor stand. Very convinient but that doesn't mean that the extra parts would not be a spaz as all other parts ended up in the same tool box where I keep my Play Arts extra parts. ^^;







Just like Frioniel (Dissidia FF), she comes with a lot of weapons:

"Atare!"

"Itatsuka!"

"Yari dou!"

"Ken yo!"

I'll be displaying Xiphos with her lance because I don't have a figure that is equipping a Lance yet. Xiphos' face may look bland but she did made me very pleased with her generous set of accessories that had surely put my patience to the test. Her Medieval arsenal is a plus (because I like weapons!) and that she provided a good balance in my collection along with being an excellent Busou Shinki sampler of sorts.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing yours and kamadoma's shinkis makes me want to get the Samurai Benio one.

Unfortunately, I don't think she's available locally anymore..

Escathon said...

Hi Coeli! I'll try to see if I can find a Benio locally or when she's back in availability, I'll be sure to inform you. :)

Unknown said...

I finally found one! Unfortunately, she comes bundled with Xiphos...